To sign up for auditions create a new account or login and enroll your student(s).
- Auditions are by appointment only. Online applications and appointment for the 2019-2020 auditions will be available March 24, 2019 through April 30, 2019. To sign up for auditions, create a new account or login to enroll your student(s).
Date and Time
Canarelli Middle School
7808 S Torrey Pines Dr
Las Vegas, Nevada 89121
- There is $20 dollar audition fee. Pay in person by cash, check, or credit card. Checks are made payable to LVYO
- Please bring your signed application contract to your audition. This contract is generated for you after you have signed your student up for an audition.
- Submit the Financial Aid Form by audition day.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Financial Aid Panel. Limited financial aid is available. Information is kept strictly confidential. Those awarded assistance will be notified upon program acceptance.
- Financial Aid Form is only to request aid for LVYO participation fees should the student pass auditions and is offered enrollment for a specific ensemble.
Date and Time
New Orleans Square Rehearsal Room
900 Karen Ave Suite A - 210
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
- Students should log into their account created when signing up for auditions. Follow the prompts to view audition results.
- If a student is accepted to LVYO, they must either "accept" or "decline" their invitation to participate. A reply must be received no later than May 31, 2019 or your seat may be forfeited.
- Those who accept must attend Registration Day to pay fees, submit required registration forms, and purchase uniforms.
- Acceptance into the program requires your commitment (rehearsals and concerts) for the entire LVYO concert season ( August, 2019 – April 2020). The LVYO polo shirt is the required concert uniform attire for the first concert (Fall Concert).
- Placement in the Las Vegas Youth Orchestras will be based upon (not necessarily in order or all-inclusive) - audition results (student's audition scores), instrumentation (based on the number of seats in ensemble's section complement), recommendation of school music teacher, past LVYO attendance record, and/or recommendation of LVYO Conductors or Executive Director.
- If accepted, you must be present to attend Registration Day(s). All participants must register on these dates for official enrollment, collection and processing of required forms, music pick-up and payment of fees. Students who are out of town during the registration days can make arrangements for a later time.
- Registration Fee is non-refundable. This must be paid in full at Registration Day, an approved payment may be possible.
- Payment of fees is confirmation of your website response that the student accepts the position with LVYO.
- The LVYO Polo Shirt is the required uniform for all students for the the Fall concert. The fee is $25 for new or replacement polos.
- New Symphony and Youth Philharmonic females are required to purchase their uniform black dress ($85). Payment is collected in full, on Registration Day. These dresses are worn for the Winter and Spring Concerts. Replacement dresses are also $85.
- Symphony and Youth Philharmonic males must have a black tux jacket, white pin-tucked pleated wing-tipped collared tux shirt, with black bow tie, black dress trousers, black dress shoes and black dress socks. This is worn for the formal concerts (Winter and Spring Concerts).
Days and Times
The LVYO program follows CCSD 9-month calendar. Please check the student rehearsal calendar for specific dates and times.
Roy Martin Middle School
200 N. 28th St.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
Walk in to campus through gates facing 28th Street and follow signage to Fine Arts Wing.
- Rehearsal Dates/Days/Times: LVYO/FLVYO reserves the right to revise the rehearsal dates and/or times, at any time, should changes occur to necessitate adjustment of the schedule. LVYO special ensembles may be required to rehearse on additional and other days.
- Official Means of Notification: The LVYO website and e-mail notification are LVYO’s primary and official means of communication.
Contact us online
Call 702-945-7583 (Voicemail)